Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC and JCAP Funding LLC, as applicable related entities, (also referenced herein as we and us) are providing this notice to you.
We may collect and disclose personal information about you to the extent that it is: (a) specifically directed by you; (b) permitted by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (such as to service and maintain your account); and (c) not prohibited by other applicable law, including, but not limited to, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
You have the right to know about personal information collected, disclosed, or sold.
We explain how your personal information is processed including the categories of sources from which the information is collected, the business purpose(s) for which the information is collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information. We do not sell and will not sell your personal information.
Categories of sources from which information is collected.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you as permitted by law from:
- Your transactions with us;
- Prior owners of your account;
- Consumer reporting agencies (CRAs);
- Applications or other forms that you provide to us.
The business purpose(s) for which the information is collected.
Jefferson Capital may use your personal information solely for its debt recovery, and debt purchasing activities. This may include the following:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you via telephone, email, text and written correspondence;
- locating you if you have moved to a new address or changed your phone number(s);
- administering, collecting, enforcing, and managing your account
- statistical analysis for debt pricing;
- compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation applicable to us.
Categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
In order to service and maintain your account, we may share your personal information with third parties that offer us support and services such as:
- location services to assist us in recovering debt;
- other debt collection agencies for the purposes of seeking to collect on your account on our behalf;
- as reasonably necessary to process payment, fulfil a transaction, and provide customer service;
- legal matters relevant to your account.
Sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with third parties:
- when authorized and/or designated by you;
- to perform technical support, maintenance, and repair the system when required;
- in the event of any proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, bankruptcy or liquidation, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock, when not otherwise prohibited by law;
- to comply with applicable laws;
- to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- to conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
Safeguarding your personal information.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal laws to guard your nonpublic personal information.
You have the following rights in respect of your information:
- The right to access personal information – You have the right to request access to your personal information that we collected about you.
- The right to delete personal information –You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, however, state and federal law may prohibit us from deleting personal information.
- The right to opt out – We do not collect or share personal information except as permitted by law or directed by you; therefore, you cannot opt out of the collection or sharing of your personal information.
- The right to non-discrimination - We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
- The right to an authorized agent – You can designate an authorized agent to make any of these requests by providing your express written authorization. We must be able to verify your identity and the authorization must include the authorized agent’s name, address, telephone number, and email address (for providing the personal information collected or to respond to a request for deletion). We may require you to directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request.
How to contact us.
If you reside in California and have questions regarding this Policy or to exercise your rights listed above, please contact us.
- Write to us: Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, Department P, 16 McLeland Road, St. Cloud, MN 56303.
- Telephone: 1-800-281-2793 (toll free), 8:00 AM- 3:00 PM (M-F) CST.
In order to verify your identity, please provide us with your complete name, address, phone number(s), date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you want us to contact you through email, please provide a valid email address.
Last updated: 03/02/2021
THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR AND IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED MAY BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.